Because of the social distancing and other restrictions currently in force, we are limited to solo flying only. However, following announcements at the end of June, it appears that we will be able to resume 2 seat flying in the relatively near future and therefore will be able to restart Trial Flights with the appropriate caveats and conditions. We are currently awaiting the government and British Gliding Association guidelines.
Our Trail Flight vouchers are valid for 9 months from the date of purchase. But because of the current restrictions we are currently extending all new vouchers sold via this website so you can book your flight(s) now in the knowledge that you won’t miss your flight(s).
We will update this page when we can open the diary for you to book your flight(s) and in the meantime you can look forward to your flight(s) when it is safe for you and the instructors.
Lost for ideas for a special present?
Why not give a Trial Flight gift voucher where the recipient can enjoy the views of London and begin to learn the basics of flying a glider.
The Surrey Hills Gliding Club offers three types of voucher for those who wish to experience the thrill of gliding. A voucher makes a great present to celebrate any occasion, or maybe you need something different for that person who has everything or just as a special gift!
Vouchers are valid for a single person for winch launched flights in a two seat fully dual-controlled glider with a BGA qualified instructor.
Flight duration is weather dependent and normally lasts between 5 – 10 minutes. If weather conditions on the day are suitable then it may be possible to have extended flights that can be counted as two or more.
Requirements for a Trial Lesson
- We are unable to fly anyone under the age of 13 years.
- If you are over 1.8m (6′ 2″) tall or over 95 kg (15 stone) in weight, it is advisable to check with the Club before making a purchase.
- Vouchers are valid for nine months from the date of issue and are non-refundable.
- During the Covid 19 pandemic voucher validity is being extended.
- Vouchers can be purchased online, over the phone via the Club office (020 8763 0091), or in person at the Club’s office which is normally open from 09.30 to 12.30 each weekday.
- Vouchers are issued with the name of the individual who will be flying. Please ensure that we have this information either via the PayPal site or by email email@example.com
- All vouchers are to be flown by the person mentioned on the voucher. Sharing multiple flights with friends or family is not permitted.
When you have finished, check the contents of the basket and go to the checkout. The flight voucher will be sent to you by email.