We are delighted to say that following the Government announcements that the national lockdown is being gradually relaxed and with the detailed guidance from the Department of Transport, the Civil Aviation Authority and the British Gliding Association, Surrey Hills Gliding Club reopened for flying at the end of March.
We are currently getting our own members back to currency and have begun some training flights for our members. We are delighted to announce that we will slowly start to fly some of our voucher flights from the beginning of May. If you have a voucher and want to book your flight(s) then please email the club.
Our Trail Flight vouchers will have an extended expiry date (12 months – normally 9 months) which will start from the date we are allowed to recommence flying so you can book your flight(s) now in the knowledge that you won’t miss your flight(s).
Lost for ideas for a special present?
Why not give a Trial Flight gift voucher where the recipient can enjoy the views of London and begin to learn the basics of flying a glider.
The Surrey Hills Gliding Club offers three types of voucher for those who wish to experience the thrill of gliding. A voucher makes a great present to celebrate any occasion, or maybe you need something different for that person who has everything or just as a special gift!
Vouchers are valid for a single person for winch launched flights in a two seat fully dual-controlled glider with a BGA qualified instructor.
Flight duration is weather dependent and normally lasts between 5 – 10 minutes. If weather conditions on the day are suitable then it may be possible to have extended flights that can be counted as two or more.
Requirements for a Trial Lesson
- We are unable to fly anyone under the age of 13 years.
- If you are over 1.88m (6′ 2″) tall or over 95 kg (15 stone) in weight, it is advisable to check with the Club before making a purchase.
- Vouchers are valid for nine months from the date of issue and are non-refundable.
- During Covid-19 restrictions the voucher validity is extended to 12 months.
- Vouchers can be purchased online, over the phone via the Club office (020 8763 0091), or in person at the Club’s office which is normally open from 09.30 to 12.30 each weekday. During the Covid-19 restrictions the office is not open as much as usual so please email if you have any questions.
- Vouchers are issued with the name of the individual who will be flying. Please ensure that we have this information either via the PayPal site or by email email@example.com
- All vouchers are to be flown by the person mentioned on the voucher. Sharing multiple flights with friends or family is not permitted.
When you have finished, check the contents of the basket and go to the checkout. The flight voucher will be sent to you by email.